This page may contain affiliate links. Any commissions earned will help my website to remain free forever. (Full disclosure).
Ok, so technically, meatloaf cupcakes probably aren’t real cupcakes, but the idea is a cute one and it’s such a quick and adaptable base recipe. Just mix up mince/ground beef with whatever you have at hand, add your favourite flavours to make these easy meatloaf cupcakes.
Anything smothered with cheese, is always an instant hit with my children. And if you have been following my recipes for a while, you know I love adding hidden veggies wherever I can, and these are no exception. You can even hide organ meat in here (just don’t tell my kids).
How about topping with mashed cauliflower to ‘ice’ the meatloaf cupcakes? Everything really does taste better in miniature.
Have 2 or 3 for dinner, or they are a brilliant idea for breakfast or lunch the next day. They are sturdy and portable, high in protein and extremely low in carbs.
The best thing is, unlike a regular full sized meatloaf, the meatloaf cupcakes are so quick to cook. I’m always going on about “leftovers are king” but these really are. Make a huge batch, vary the flavours and freeze them. You will always have a snack, lunch or breakfast ready.
Versatile and easy meatloaf cupcakes are great for dinner, lunch or the school lunch box. Make extra as they freeze really well in an airtight container. They can even be used when you need a protein hit.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
Total Carbs: 1g
Examples Of Flavourings
Mix the diced onion, meat, eggs and salt and pepper together.
Add your choice of seasonings and flavourings. I have given one example, but take a look below for a huge range of ideas.
Mix all the ingredients together with your hands and place a small handful of the meatloaf mixture into muffin trays. Press gently, not too hard, otherwise they will turn into meatballs.
Cover with the grated cheese, and sprinkle with grated parmesan if desired.
Cook at 180C/350F
- Mince/ground meat can be beef, pork, turkey or meat of your choice.
- Nutrition values will vary according to which meat you choose and how lean it is.
- Try to choose the medium-fat meat. Otherwise too much fat will render out.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 221 Calories from Fat 155
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Italian – add garlic, oregano, Italian seasoning, rosemary, basil,
- Mexican – add coriander (cilantro), cumin, chills, capsicums, peppers, serve with avocado and salsa
- Cheeseburger meatloaf – add mustard, hide cheese inside which will melt when cooked, serve with homemade ketchup
- Toppings – grated cheese, bacon pieces or slices, parmesan, mozzarella, sliced tomato covered in cheese
- Hide these inside – organ meat, grated carrot, finely diced mushrooms, celery, grated zucchini, chopped spinach,
Leave a comment below on what flavour you would make –
Ultimate LOW-CARB Lunchbox Book: This isn’t about doing more, it’s about doing things DIFFERENTLY!! – CLICK HERE