I started doing Keto diet after hearing Joe Rogan talking about on his podcast. So I did some research on how to go about learning the Keto way of eating. It was a very easy way of eating and very satisfying for me. It has worked amazingly and been the best thing I have ever done. I have tried so many other diets with no success but Keto was this amazing method to change my life around.
I started October 6 2015 I was 610 pounds. I am now 251 pounds.
1. What tactics did you employ to help you get to your goal? What did you find helped you get to your goals best?
The best thing that helps me achieve my goal was the knowledge of the keto diet and to be very consistent.
- Stay simple on the meals
- Meal prep for the week
- Make sure you stay active 5 days a week gym
- Take it day by day don’t look too far ahead
- Be mental strong don’t cheat
2. What is the most impactful change you’ve made to your diet and why do you feel it’s been the most important?
The most impactful changed on my keto diet was cutting out extra fats no more MCT oil extra butter and avocado oil. I just ate the fat in real whole foods I had lots of fat on me to burn off so I didn’t need any extra fat for the keto diet to work. I also start IF slowly cutting down to 2 meals a day since may 1 2017 I have been doing an IF 23-1 this has given me excellent results. To do this you must take it slowly and be fully adapted to keto.
3. What is the best single piece of advice you can give to someone that is just starting out?
Just start with keto and stay with it the first weeks are hard then it gets easier and before you know you have reached your goals. Don’t get things to complicated stay with simple meals.
4. How do you feel your life is now that you’re at your goal?
My life is great health-wise no more medication sleeping is great movement is easy and mental clarity.
5. What do you consider the biggest change in your day-to-day life?
The biggest change in my life is I found a way of eating that is healthy and makes me feel and look great and it is an easy way to live know.
6. What did you do to find support throughout your journey?
The keto community has helped and web sites like ruled me are great for advice.
7. What do you currently do to manage your day-to-day diet?
I still do keto I am doing IF 23-1 it works great for me.
8. What is your favorite keto recipe from www.ruled.me that’s become a staple?
My favourite recipe is low carb bacon meatloaf.
9. If there is one thing that you could do differently during your journey, what would it be and why?
The thing I would have done earlier was cut out the extra fats everyone is telling you to eat 200 grams of fat when trying to losing weight. The reason is once you are passed the first 6 weeks and adapted it slows weight loss down when I stopped adding extra fats I had great weight loss results and still feel great